YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
Remortgage of an existing property
THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS OF YOUR MORTGAGE.
The following are the typical steps in obtaining a remortgage:
- Borrowing check – amount, affordability, loan-to-value, fees and costs budgeted for, applied for credit file, seek a decision in principle
- Clarifyspecifics- capital raising, property enhancement, debt consolidation, better deal
- Mortgage recommended and application sent
- Conveyancing – instructed
- Mortgage underwritten – validation checks on property, income & expenditure. More information may be required as a result to satisfy lending requirements
- Valuation instructed – mortgage
- Mortgage offer obtained
- Check of remortgage offer – does protection match amount and term?
- Completion of legal contracts – funds drawn down from lender
Benefit from your new borrowing structure